OrthoHeal,4 June 2019
|Anatomical view of knee joint in Osteoarthritis|
|Osteoarthritis X -ray view of knee joint|
|Anatomical view of Rheumatoid Arthritis|
|Rheumatoid Arthritis knee joint X -ray|
TEST/ INVESTIGATION REQUIRED :
-Reduced joint space : the space between knee joint constant through of life in the absence of osteoarthritis.
- mJSW-minimum JOINT SPACE WIDTH APPROX : 5.8 mm(in Male) and 4.8 mm (in Female).
-Erosion of articular margins
2) Blood :
-Low haemoglobin value
3) Synovial fluid examination:
METHOD OF TREATMENT :
1) Medical treatment : it consist of anti-rheumatic drugs.
– non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs)
– disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs(DMARDs)
2) Orthopedic-treatment: treatment aim at prevention of deformity,preservation of joint function and rehabilitation.
-it can be divided into two methods
- non operative methods
- operative methods
Non operative method consist following:
Heat therapy,joint mobilization exercises,muscle building exercises etc.
Occupational therapy :
it provided by occupational therapist they help patient cope with his occupational requirements in the most easy way.
-it’s device which is used for support, align, improve function, reduce pain and immobilize the moment.
-Devices like braces, walking aid, compression sleeve also prescribe by Orthotist.
ORTHOSIS device like knee brace which is used for arthritic patient for
-Pain relieving by transforming weight
-Improve gait walking
Operative method consist:
There are other natural remedies also available to relieve arthritis and joint pain.